“A garden is a grand teacher. It teaches patience and careful watchfulness; it teaches industry and thrift; above all it teaches entire trust.”– Gertrude Jekyll
Quantico Spouses’ Garden Club official start of the year begins in September and runs through May. For several years, our meetings were held on the 4th Wednesday of every month from 10 am until noon. This year we need to shift those days around. Instead of the 4th Wednesday, we will be meeting on the 4th Tuesday of the month (with exceptions in September and November which will be on a Friday.) Meeting time will remain 10 am until noon. (Please see a *tentative* schedule of club meetings and special events below. Tour dates are still being determined.) We made this change in order to secure the Classroom Annex at the Marine Corps Memorial Chapel which has a large space for presentations, special speakers and workshops. It also has a kitchen which we can use to serve light refreshments to our club members and guests.
2021/2022 Tentative Schedule of Club Meetings & Special Events
- Wednesday, August 25 – Welcome Aboard
- Friday, September 24 at Marine Corps Memorial Chapel
- Tuesday, October 26 at Marine Corps Memorial Chapel
- Friday, November 19 at Marine Corps Memorial Chapel
- Friday, December 3 – Christmas Tour of Homes & Luncheon
- Tuesday, January 25 at Marine Corps Memorial Chapel
- Tuesday, February 22 at Marine Corps Memorial Chapel
- Tuesday, March 22 – Tablescapes Luncheon
- Tuesday, April 26 – Virginia Garden Week Fredericksburg Tour
- Tuesday, May 24 at Marine Corps Memorial Chapel
Membership dues are $25 with the exception of TBS students and spouses who shall pay half the annual dues. Membership dues include membership benefits in the Quantico Spouses’ Garden Club, National Capital Area Garden Club Inc, and National Garden Clubs Inc. Benefits include exclusive access to club meetings, tours, our annual yearbook, quarterly newsletters and members only access to gardening tips, tricks and resources. Dues may be paid by cash, check or through Zelle. Apple Pay coming soon.
Please submit membership application and waiver of liability to Tara Trimble, Membership Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org